Thursday, November 20, 2008

Still Alive



I am alive, and so is Chris. We've just been really busy with school. This week I have a test, a 10 page paper comparing Equiano, Benjamin Franklin, and a third person of my choice due today. And I have summary of each chapter (6 total) of reading I should have been doing over the last month. Luckily he pushed the text summaries till after Thanksgiving. So I guess that means I have more homework to do during the break.

At work Elaina and I are putting together a secret santa thing for all of the employees. It will start after Thanksgiving and end 2 weeks later at the end of the semester since everyone is leaving. Hopefully it goes good. I thought at first it would boost moral, since everyone hates eachother. But then I started thinking how everyone does hate eachother and some people would be bitter if they got certain people. But if I rigged it, it wouldn't be very secret. So I am only going to rigg one person to save everyone else the trouble of complaining to me and it would make him happy too. The remodel is starting soon and I've already seen my hours being cut. I only have 4 shifts next week. I need 4 shifts (to pay rent) but I would like 5 (to have money). Good thing I have a cheap idea for gifts... YES EVERYONE IS GETTING BUTTONS!!!! Just kidding. Kind of.
Everything else is good. Our apartment is kind of a mess with papers everywhere. My desk especially. And Stacks of books like "The Story of American Freedom" and "Facing East from Indian Country" and "Colonial America in an Atlantic World" and 6 other books. After today I will clean. I think. I don't want to commit to anything on this blog because I know now that Chris reads it. He says that it is the only way he knows what is going on in my life.

Oh, and another exciting event is I MIGHT PASS FA100!!!!!! It is the 6th time, yes 6th time but Chris is doing it too. It's been a pain getting some days off, but my boss is pretty cool about it. Actually he's great. I only have one more event left, and it's student choice. Honestly I've hated it. Two events said concert dress and people were wearing jeans and other trashy clothes. At one of them, Chris got lectured for not wearing a tie. At least he was wearing slacks and a nice shirt!!! And a leather jacket too and his nice shoes!!! Oh well. I'm almost done.

That is the update. I will post again soon, hopefully not before another month has passed. I just don't have anything exciting to say. Except I am working on something cool with buttons! I'll show you later.

2 comments:

Because You Want To Know said...

Thanks for posting! I missed you and the fetus did too.

You've taken FA100 6 times!!!!! Holy cow Anna! Holy cow! That boggles my mind. Hope you pass it this time!

Joshua Arnett said...

good to see you post i look forward to the random things in you writing. for example what was with the video. it is the ending to a video game that i have beaten, have you beating it also or is that just something you like