I know I am not a good blogger. Since I went to Texas, I've been sick with something. I don't like going to the doctor so I've just been waiting it out. I hit up all the after Christmas sales to collect any button worthy wrapping paper and scored! My inventory has exploded in the ornament department. But, alas, I need more ornament pieces so I've just been cutting circles and organizing. Going back to work has been a kind of downer but in my free time aside from buttons, I've been job hunting. Now that I am a college graduate, I should.
Also, I have been attempting to be a better wife and cook more at home. So far so good. I am pretty good at making meals out of 3 ingredients. My proudest moment was when we were first married, it was Sunday and didn't have anything to eat in our apartment! We had frozen meat balls, Kraft singles, and rice. No milk, no eggs, no bread; that is really all we had. So I made the meat balls, cut them up into little pieces and mixed them with the cooked rice and laid cheese over it until it was melted, and then I mixed it. To my surprise, Chris loved it, he ate the whole pot and my plate. I thought it tasted like nothing. After two years, I've ventured out to dishes with more ingredients and reference my "6 ingredients or less book" oft. Thanks C&B!
The weather had been good-bad-bad-good-bad. Yesterday it was warmer and melted, today it is cold and everything that melted is now ice. At some point I really want to go sledding or build a snow man, but I'm scared to go sledding because my first semester in Rexburg, I went with some friends and one of my friend's friend broke his ankle/leg and had to wear a boot forever. But I could build a snow man because I have a Bennie now, I lost the one I used to love. It was a white Volcome one; a nice clean heavenly white.
Christmas in Texas was sooooooooooooo awesome. I didn't want to leave. Chris and I LOVED hanging out with my siblings, after we left he said really nice things about you guys. But since he reads this too I wont embarrass him. But it was really fun. I'll post pictures soon when I don't have work in 20 min. Since Christina won the gingerbread contest by "rock-paper-scissors" I've already drawn up plans for my house next time. Lets just say its going to knock the Watt's socks off... it will have more detail than some sour patch in a bath. And NO I'M NOT BITTER. "We're all winners.." The only sad thing about the trip was getting really sick on the last day, my fireman mug broke on the way home (I super glued it), and I only brought 4 cans of Tejano salsa and we've already eaten 2 (I actually gave 1 to my boss because I am a total suck up at heart and I know he loves spicy stuff).
Christmas at the Kunz's was fun too. His mom always gets us something to decorate our apartment. I really like that because we would have nothing if it wasn't for her. I didn't realize that till I was hanging up the latest framed picture. It was of American flags and in the middle it said a little about honoring people. I'll post a picture later. I wish I wasn't sick while I was there because Chris went out on the snowmobiles and I didn't want to get worse. And I think I got his dad sick too. They are a lot of fun to hang out with. We played the electronic Game of Life 3 times and Monopoly 2 times... and guess who won EVERY TIME!!!! CHRIS!! we bought the Game of Life at home and have played it a few times. I've only beat him once. We're keeping track now.
Work time. The End
No comments:
Post a Comment