Sunday, October 15, 2006

Punch the clock pretty hard around 2 oclock...

Last night I went to bed just after midnight and fell asleep about 8:30. And woke up at 9:30. For no reason—no caffeine or narcotics in the system, not even chocolate; no pressing issues or exciting events; absolutely nothing at all. Around 3 or so I read that weather.com said the temperature was plummeting with the passing storm and so I decided the dull ache in my knees must be due to the change, like all old folks who can’t sleep and feel the weather in their bones while the rest of us laugh dismissively over their crazy-talk. I mused about our sterilized pods—yes, that was the exact phrase at 3 am—and how we neglect that everything is connected, that the moon affects the sea and that our bones can know more than our minds about the nature of things.
You would think that subject alone would be mentally deadening enough to crank out the z’s, but no.

1 comment:

Angela S said...

Lol, nice Anna, very nice...