Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hoping Things Work Out In The End


On the Fourth of July we went to Bear Lake and blew things up. Chris' dad showed us how to make a cool kind of bomb... he turned on his huge torch (I think it was to weld things), and hit it on the ground to turn off the flame. Then he filled up a trash bag with the gas inside and tied it off with electrical tape then we made a fuse with diesel on the ground about 25 feet long lit the end and ran and it made this huge bang. The trash bag we used was only 20 gallon one but the ones Mike said they used to use were 55 gallon bags and you could here the bang all the way across town. IT WAS SO COOL! I made a video of it and while I was holding the camera I realized I might need to cover my other ear so it kind of goes off to the side. I'll get Angela to help me put it on later.
I am training to be a shift manager at DQ. I am excited... to say the least. After only 4 months there its kind of awesome to know that it was the right thing to leave D&L. It is longer shifts and later hours but I am respected and acknowledged for my hard work. Tuesday was my first day training with Tyson, whose place I will be taking. I am going to miss him because he was really cool and said I reminded him of his little sister. He just sat back and let me take control of things and check and change the ice cream. He's been there the longest so I tried to ask him as many questions as I could think of. And the best part about being a manager is you don't have to do a single dang thing!!!!! My job is to make sure that everyone is kept busy and doing their job. I didn't have to clean or wash mats or even make much ice cream. Clint didn't even bother me that much. Clint is this 16 year old that works there and very immature at times, the next oldest is at least 18. But ever since Travis reminded me that he was young, I've given him slack and just ignored the annoying things he does like eavesdrop on conversations. It's kind of like James with the poking... just kidding, not that bad.
But since getting the manager job I have to cut down my credits that I wanted to take at school. I was planning on a huge load and just working weekends but Boyd says that I will be working 3 night shifts a week so I think I will just take 15 credits instead of 19. Maybe I will be able to take a Christmas class and still graduate in April. I think I will apply to graduate next semester. I am really really really nervous about it.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Anna! Me and Steve saw you and Chris on your AWESOME vehicles driving down the road before we left Rexburg! We're in Letha with Steve's family now, I can't wait to get to TEXAS! I miss my brothers sooo much! You probably miss yours too, so I hope you can come down sometime around August 4th... haha! Congrats on the promotion! We miss y'all!

Katie said...

Anna! Me and Steve saw you and Chris riding around town the other day before we left Rexburg! We're in Letha now with Steve's family and I can't wait to get to TEXAS!! Thanks for everything you do, you are such an awesome friend! I hope you'll be able to come down! I'm sure Texas misses you too!! We love y'all!

Katie said...

oops, sorry, i thought it wasnt working lol, have fun reading ALL my comments