Monday, December 10, 2007

Did We Live It Right?





I am avoiding homework again in hopes that my 12 page paper will write itself. I actually have it half done but maybe if I pray hard enough when I finally go back to it, it will be done. I was in a group that did a campaign for a store in town called Littlefield Furniture and Mattress. Personally I think the man needs serious help. He's on main street and no one knows where he is. In front of his store he has literally 5 signs and the top one is the only one with the stores name on it. Oh, and the store used to be a sporting goods store so the side wall says sports and has mountains on it which I think is a little confusing. Tomorrow we present to the client and my group is competing against 6 other groups and I really hope that we win. These are my ad designs. I don't really like the last one because I couldn't get the text to look the way I wanted. But the first one is the billboard that I think he will really like... hopefully. The other two are for a cinema advertisement.
Otherwise life is great! Boyd, my boss kind of sort of offered me the head managing position at Dairy Queen with Kara leaves. I think that because he was telling me how much it pays and if I was going to be around. He EVEN said that he wished it could be an internship!! I am going to look into it at the school. But I think it would be awesome to see how it all runs. I know it sounds dorky because it is just fast food but I like that kind of business and the idea of owning something like that someday. I want to go to Bear Lake and take over Sue's (my mother in-law) drive in sometime but Chris can't get the time off but she desperately needs a break!!!
We got our tree up and honestly it might look tacky to some but Chris and I did it together and put up our ornaments that we made last year. I made a few clay ones but they are stupid looking. The clay I got a few months ago is like mushy paper but it was fun for the hour I spent doing it while Chris was asleep. For FHE tonight we are painting more cut outs from Porters like we did last year. Last year Chris painted what was supposed to be a bear but instead painted mountains and a lake with stick figures "eating ice cream on a warm summer day."
I got bangs again. Short ones. At first I thought it looked awful because my hair seemed like it was permanently parted and it just looked bad. But today I parted my hair on the other side of my head and it looks much much better... almost like the first time I got bangs 2 years ago.
And of course everyone has to have a little drama in their lives but I wont talk about it too much. I won't even say anything about it because I think people should "rise above." And dang it I'm rising and no one can stop me!
Oh and one of our Angel fish is retarded. Like really retarded. Like he swims on his side and doesn't know up from down. Like our heater broke and did not turn itself off when it reached the temperature and fried their brains. Luckily we caught it before it affected the other fish but angel fish are the most sensitive. I'm kind of surprised that Robert is not dead (our black ghost). He is a scale-less fish and Chris has not been able to keep those alive for more than 2 months. Robert has been with us for almost a year! But our tank is weird and "Robert the Black Ghost" will live forever!

3 comments:

Angela S said...

I'm still laughing a few minutes later (jimmy is mocking me) about how Robert isn't dead. Maybe I'm stupid but its kinda funny. Hey call me.

These are all the little things said...

hahaha! I didn't realize what I had really said.

Because You Want To Know said...

It's good to rise above... however, you call your fish retarded in the very next sentence.

See you in a couple weeks!

Hey, call me too. You never call me. I mean, you really never call me. Do you even love me?

I made the frosting out of 4 simple ingredients: powdered sugar, vanilla, milk and food coloring. I know, I'm awesome.