Friday, December 18, 2009

Early Christmas Gift

I'm sure you have already read other Rexburgian's blogs about the blackout last night. For almost 3 hours Rexburg, Rigby, St. Anthony, Sugar City, Menan, and allegedly part of Idaho falls did not have power!! It was so creepy. The first thing that came to mind was the George's, the people that live next door, and are the owners of our apartment, turned off our power for being too loud. Yesterday was a monumental day for Chris, the new Iron Man 2 trailer came out. We downloaded it and watched it on the TV and cranked it. After the third time, the power went out.
I went outside and the whole street was DARK. I looked behind the house to see if I could see anything else and it was just dark. There wasn't even a glow in the low clouds from the city. Then I thought we were being invaded. We decided to drive to Broulims to see if we could get ice cream. Sure enough there generator was on but they were making everyone check out and leave. Only Broulims, Melaluakuka (hate spelling that), and the hospital had lights. Only one stop light by the hospital worked and there were NO cops directing traffic. It is scary to get to an intersection with 3 people on each of the 4 ways trying to go!!! We drove to Sugar City to see if Jennie had lights since we had nothing to do. We tried calling but I'm our phones didn't seem to work. Then I thought it was the Second Coming... But our phones started working occasionally, I'm sure the system was overwhelmed by everyone calling. After leaving Jennie's we came home and saw our Neighbors had just arrived home too. I wanted to go over there to get the LED flashlight I got Chris for Christmas, it was dead right out of the package but at least he got something early. I'm sure it will come in handy the next time a transformer blows in Rigby. We roasted marshmallows and hot dogs in their fireplace till 10.45 when we walked back across the street and stepped onto our driveway and allllll the lights came back on. Talk about a relief!

No comments: