Monday, February 22, 2010

"The Dark Knight Is Bigger Than The Both Of Us"

Part of starting my new job, I had to go to Champagne, IL. Luckily, every weekend I was able to drive 2+ hours to see Christina!!! It was worth the drive! I had so much fun playing with Jane and talking with Christina and Brandt.

These are out of order but on the last weekend we went into the big city! Joshie bought us a dessert and we split the most amazing smore ever! We even scored these nifty hats.

Christina liked it the most I think. I burned my tongue on the hot chocolate. We had gone to Gihredeli across the street before but they were way packed so we just got a free sample and left. I think I like Hershey's more anyway. I tried to find a giant Symphony bar for Chris but to no avail. It was pretty funny to watch Christina's conversation with the employee though. He thought she kept asking if they had any giant candy bars. He thought she was joking. We were looking for one but not the regular one they have. Chris really would have eaten a 5 lb Symphony bar.







As many of you know Chris is a HUGE TDK (The Dark Knight) fan. above is a picture of a statue Josh made for Chris. Chris wishes he had a ton of small ones made with sharp edges to throw at people but I keep reminding him that he's not Batman.

So for Chris I tried to find as many places from The Dark Night that were filmed in Chicago. They should make this a real life game. Like a scavenger hunt. I'm sure its already been done though.




This is where they launched the ferry's off at the end of the movie when the Joker made the people choose who would live and who would die. I wish it wasn't as dark by then so we could really see it. This is at Navy Pier where the world's BEST popcorn is made!! But it turns your fingers orange so look out. MMMMM I want some right now!! I'm going to mix up some cheese powder and butter right NOW.



This is the building where the Joker looked out over the river watching and waiting for the "fireworks" from when the people on the boats would blow themselves up. Luckily, there were some decent people who refused to give in. I couldn't believe how tall the building was. I never did get a good shot. I really wanted to get a picture of the post office where the very first scene of the movie was shot. It was really a post office by the way... I think I saw the building behind the building they jumped out of to zip line to the "bank."


I know... "whoA!"


This picture is not a scene from TDK. It should have been though because it's so cool. It's a burger place called Epic Burger and Brandt designed it!! Even the shirts the servers are wearing.



This is the theater where Rachel Daws and Harvey Dent went to watch the Ballet but Bruce Wayne had taken all the dancers on a little excursion on his yacht. Rachel and Harvey didn't know that till they walked up to these very doors and saw a news clipping notifying them that the show was cancelled.


And finally the last picture of Christina, Josh and me at the giant Bean where we were harassed to take a group hug around the Bean. We said no to both people who asked us, both of which looked like hippie free loving people. My love is not free therefore I do not give out hugs.


I had a really great time visiting my sister but work was hard. I had no idea work would be harder when I got home. We have been unexpectedly busier then anyone thought. I hope things calm down just a little bit or employees learn faster. I'm sure it will all work out and everyone will get the hang of things. But mostly, I am soooooOOOoooOOoOOo glad to be HOME with Chris!! I was welcomed home by Chris and showered with gifts including a giant banner. He was so sweet. I'll blog about that next time.

No comments: