Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Songs

So our Thanksgiving was great. The food was really tasty. Even the pretzel salad. I've never been too keen on the idea of sweet, tart and salty. Maybe a combination of two but not all three. But I had that and the turkey was really moist and the gravy tasted good. And there was fresh fruit. And the stuffing was fantastic! I think I was the only one that ate it... But Chris' parents made a great meal. I kicked myself repeatedly when I forgot our share of the leftovers. I contributed an apple pie and or course Puppy Chow!! You can not go through the holidays without Puppy Chow (also called Muddie Buddies, Texas Snow and Cookie Paws).

Besides the great food, it was fun to take a break from work and just sit around and talk. We played phase 10 and I won the first 5 hands in a row! I was really aching to play Shanghi. I did end up winning but I got stuck on 9 cards of one color for 3 hands! They were able to catch up after that. And then the best part of our visit was making Sue laugh really hard when I squinted one eye, made a face at Rebecca and she asked whats wrong with your face. And I said Chris hit me in the head. Sue looked over just at that moment. It was perfect. I really missed being home at that moment and laughing with my mom.

So even though its a few days late. I am SOOOOooo grateful for my awesome family. I am so grateful that was have the relationships we have. I always wish they were better and we could talk more. And definitely visit more. Once to two times a year is definitely not enough. I really missed them this year. I tried calling James, no answer and then mom, and then Angela but by then it was too late but she was nice enough to talk to me. I talked to Josh a little who apparently made a whole feast for the missionaries! My little bro is awesome.

And finally I am really really really grateful that my hair dryer worked today. I thought it died the other day and I had to go to Gina's to borrow hers. I forgot about buying one. I washed my hair before church and realized that it was still broken. No one was answering and I had to teach primary. I was not going to go to church with sopping wet hair but I didn't want to miss teaching because I hate people that just don't show up for their callings. I started to unscrew the back of it while it was plugged in (I know safe right?!) and it turned on!!! After my car died (which I will post about later), then my hair dryer died. I told Chris in frustration that everything around me was dying. He said he didn't want to be around me anymore.

No comments: