Sunday, May 08, 2011

Yeah, I Have Am Awesome Mom...

I've been thinking about Mother's Day for the last week or so. I've been so excited. I know I can tell my mom any time, any day how awesome she is. But today is dedicated to her. I only have fond memories, good ones like when she taught me to sew or brought me cough medicine late late at night (probably because I was right above her room coughing). Or once I remember when she wanted me to go to bed but I didn't want to and I stayed up till 2 am begging her to come up to my room and tuck me in. She didn't. She stood her ground. She is strong! I would have given in around 12 just to shut me up. Mom, you are such a great example and you work so hard. Even if it means staying up till 5 am writing camp chants.

I hope your call with Josh goes great and you don't run out of things to say. I will never run out of compliments for you because you are the greatest mom ever! You laugh at my jokes and make me feel special. When people talk about their parents, I am always reminded about what a great life I've had because of you (and dad). Thank you for sticking to your guns when I was a brat. Thank you for making me feel better when I was sad. Thank you for teaching me, Faith,
Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works and Integrity. I know for a fact that I would not be the person I am today without you.


How did you find the energy, Mom
To do all the things you did,
To be teacher, nurse and counselor
To me, when I was a kid.

How did you do it all, Mom,
Be a chauffeur, cook and friend,
Yet find time to be a playmate,
I just can’t comprehend.

I see now it was love, Mom
That made you come whenever I'd call,
Your inexhaustible love, Mom
And I thank you for it all.

No comments: