Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Coke Tin of Memories

I sorted through all my movies stubs and found ones way back from 2000! Obviously I turned 13 that year. It was so cool to go through them sorting them chronologically and see all the movies I've seen. I can't even remember some of the actual movies. I wrote names on some of them of the people I saw them with. Bridgette, Daniel, Katie... A lot of them I saw with my Dad on our nights out. And a ton with James from one particular awesome year when we really became close. I'm so glad I saved them.


I even saved ticket stubs from other things like this Kemah Boardwalk one. I rode the Ferris wheel with a boy... oooo! But not oooo really. He turned out to be a jerk.

This one is the one that got me started. I was putting this in the coke container (from Uncle Pat of course) with the rest and noticed the next stub...


Oh the memories. We were comming home from a bad bad bad family camp out. Christina, Josh and I slept in the very hot van because James was bugging us sooo much. And there were a ton of bugs. I planned to go to a movie with a Amber Norton. My dad found out we were meeting some "friends," PJ smith and his cousin and deduced it was a double date. I insisted it was just a group of friends. I think I got a lecture that a group date was an odd number of people blah blah... I sat next to PJ and our hands got closer and closer... and finally at the end of the movie we held hands and the final song played "...its a perfect day..." and I thought "yes it is!!"

Oh to be 14 again. My first crush.


And Putt Putt still owes me 70 tickets.

1 comment:

maggie said...

its good to save your tickets...it brings back memory's