wow I missed August. I'm a failure at blogging. But really all we do is work! I saw We now because Chris has a job! He's back at the Walmart Vision center. They call him "the new guy" and it drives him crazy because he's not new, just new to them. He wears fancy clothes and looks really nice all the time now. But he works till 7 which means he's home at 8ish. That kind of stinks because I go to bed at 9 since I wake up at 5. Lately I've been going in later than I should but I still finish on time.
We had a manager meeting a few days ago and now I am inspired more than ever. My boss gave me some awesome advice that I'm trying out and hopefully will carry on to forever. I'm more positive and will try very very hard to maintain that attitude. So far so good and I'm leaving work at work at 4 pm, not staying late so that I don't stress myself out even more. I know that I can't do it all. I'm really nervous though because on Wednesday my boss will do a performance evaluation. I legit, real, all out review. I really hope he says I'm doing well.
I did a group interview with 19 people. I read in our training book that it was a good option. After a little research I made a plan and we executed it today. We narrowed down 19 people to 5! It was so effective to see who is good on their feet coming up with creative things. Whose articulate and outgoing. Although Jarom pointed out that he would have been shy in an interview like that and he's the most outgoing person I have on my staff. It took him a week or two to come out and be as fun as he is now.
Tonight we are replacing our fish tank stand. To be honest we were debating getting rid of it all together and say good bye to Robert, Brandon, Jordan, The Georges, and the new Angels which have no names. Also, there is a cat fish that never was named. But we just couldn't part with them yet. Robert is SOOOOO big! He started out just 3-4 inches, maybe smaller. And now he's over a foot long and healthy. And our kissing Goramies kiss all the time. We heard it was rare because one's a male, and one is a female and they usually take out the females to breed. They even laid eggs once. But we thought it was an oil film from the cans we had just moved them in. so we scrape them out. Yes we felt like murderers. I'll post pictures of that soon.
Also, Chris FINALLY got a new motorcycle helmet. I'll be sending the bill to Tyler for that since he broke the other one when he was 3. Just kidding. But I'm sure he still owes Christina a shirt for staining it. I'd give that kid the world if I could. Well... I'd give him half because Jimmy's a stud too.
We are currently watching Parks and Recreation and it is SOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOooo funny! It's all I can do to wait for Chris to be home to watch it. I want to be Leslie Knope. I just watched the Dinner Party episode. I won't ruin anything because it is so good!! Usually I love a good end ruining. At one point an Indian Chief is describing how a chief was shot by white men 100+ times and Tom with big eyes of wonder said "did he die?!" Hahaha!!! You have to watch it.
Oh and Chris and I officially decided to renew our contract after 5 years of marriage. He's awesome. Chris is my best friend and it's probably not healthy but he is the only person I socialize with. He's so fun and even after 5+ years, I still can't wait to see him because He is the first person I want to tell things to, and the only person I can't stand NOT to be around. I guess you could say I love the guy.
1 comment:
Four years to get a new helmet? This is kinda funny. My friend manages your old complex and tonight posted that one tenant had an accident on his bullet bike and wasn't wearing a helmet. She was sending wishes to his young wife. I totally thought of ya'll for a second and almost panicked. Cool idea with the group interview! That is awesome.
Post a Comment