Sunday, January 01, 2012

Quick Update

All is well. We showed up and our apartment was waaaaayyyy smaller than the picures we had only seen. It was dirty and they painted the walls a really bad brown. I was really really discouraged and then Chris pointed out something I thought was a little meaningful. He said we could clean it and throw some paint on it but we skiped a lot of this stage in our life. He was right. We've always had it easy. We fell into a really nice apartment when we were first married. We moved into an even better one with the Georges. It was sad to leave it. Eventhough they raised the rent on the new tenents, Chris said just the day before that he would even pay the new rate. I told him Cathy said they were thinking about turning it back into a 2 bedroom, and he said he didn't want to move anymore.

OK I've never moved before, or remember moving. But it is a lot harder to get that stuff out of the truck than in!! Not to mention there were stairs. I've never delt with those before. I thought it would be the other way around. Nothing is set up or really put away because we got right to work. This place needed a lot of initial cleaning. Nothing has been used and half the stuff is broken but if people are still comming, imagine the posibilities! We will just work with what we have and then add on.

1 comment:

Angela S said...

Way to go Chris for having that perspective. I hadn't realized it before but you have always had nice places to live. CHristina had that small apartment where you couldn't even sit right on the toilet b/c there was no room. We had an apartment where there was no WALL behind teh toilet (disconcerting to say the least) and we had to build the shower....oh the joys. That is cool that in such bad shape you still have customers. We can't wait to see it!