Thursday, January 12, 2012

Favorites

I sat on the computer for almost 8 hours running the front desk today and worked on the new website. To be honest it's probably not very good but it's better than what it was. And! I'm working with what I have. Then it all came to a screatching deathly hault when The program froze as I saved it. I couldn't close it, save it, delete objects, add pictures. Oh, but I could move stuff around and edit text. The only way to get out of it was to shut down the computer. That was after 45 minutes of troubleshooting and following intuit's very poor troubleshooting suggestions on their website which took 10 minutes to find. I have always hated that company. I read through their facebook comments and I'm not the only one. Then I gave up after rebuilding the site for another hour which I hope was saved. I was cheered up by Christina's comments on facebook about what Jane said at the dinner table. That was my second favorite part of my day.

My first favorite part was when Chris was out getting groceries (getting groceries was a bonus!! and I didn't have to:), He picked me up pretzel mnm's to cheer me up. We haven't eaten out in a week and a half. I think that's a record. We are pretty good at not spending money on useless stuff. But paint and light bulbs have sure added up! This weekend we're pretty booked so I'm excited. I'm almost all prepared for 60-80 scouts!!

We built a bridge. Or rather we repared a bridge that goes over the pumps to one of the pools. Chris did very well. I'm proud of him. We had to use a skill saw and that was scary. I cried before we started because Chris was making jokes about taking off his leg. Those things scare me to death!! I prayed the whole time nothing would go wrong. We were safe and Chris was nice and stopped making the jokes. I've only used a jigsaw in highschool to cut 2 boards and it was very simple and my hands were very far away from the blade.

I had a dream I saw my old art teacher Mrs. Fox. Oh it took me back. When I had time to just sit for hours and draw or paint. Now I maybe get a good hour. And I am sooooooo slow. But sometimes things turn out. The only thing I get to paint now is my apartment. It's changing from an awful brown to a "breath of blue."

No comments: