So nothing new is going on, but we put in our application to Jimmy Johns. But the only open areas close to here is Washington, Oregon, and Montana. Funny thing is, my stores would be just an hour away from my old boss's new stores. But on the phone, they guy said we were the kind of people they are interested in working with. Meaning, I've worked for JJ's and I love their culture. I have to actually have Jake send them a letter releasing me and that he allows me to open my own stores! Crazy, in their world he really does own me. Once we submit the financial application, we'll go out to Champagne, IL to interview. So Christina, we're coming to see you! I'm still trying to talk Chris into going to Texas because there are areas open right in Houston. But he says his snowmobiling career is taking off. psh!
My husband may or may not be delusional. He recently bought a snowmobile. And all the cool equipment that goes with it. There's a shovel that's like 4 other things including a saw inside the handle. A fancy tunnel bag that is also a backpack. The only thing I can't justify is a really expensive helmet. He says he can almost turn around on the sled so there's progress. But till he actually goes in the hills, we'll wait on the helmet. I like that he can go with his brother and they can spend even more time with each other... if that's a good thing, I'm not sure yet. Our bishop at church is a snowmobiler, maybe you've heard of him: Bret Rassmussen. He made the "Schooled" videos. Even I have them memorized because he's played them so much. Bret is taking them sledding on Monday and they are SO nervous. It's been pretty funny listening to them tease each other about how bad/good they think they are.
Almost all of the places where Jimmy Johns is, there is snowmobiling within a few minutes. I like being around the mountains most of the time but they can be quite suffocating when you think about going to the airport, or any other travel. You have to think about so much, like timing, road conditions, your car and it's ability to climb steep hills. Luckily our car does great, but I don't like having one car. I'd personally like to get a truck because it is very handy to haul stuff in. I mean, our Christmas tree was on our back porch till March 20th when we got a eviction threat if it wasn't gone. I borrowed Angela's truck and it was SUCH A PAIN to clean all the dead needles. Do you know how many needles there were? All of them because that tree was a match stick by the time we got it to the dump. That is the last live tree we will ever have.
No comments:
Post a Comment