Friday, January 26, 2007

Deffying Odds at Walmart

Chris had his 90 day review at Wal-Mart yesterday. Usually, every other review you get a 44 cent raise if you’re a good employee and a 50 cent raise for being superior. Chris, my husband got a 60 CENT RAISE!! And they told him that there are management opportunities and how he could move way up in the company. He learned quick and sold a lot and people actually come back to compliment HIM, not just to complain or threaten to sue. WHOA! yeah so that’s what has been going on. Chris is so pessimistic sometimes and doubted he would even get a raise since he’s only been there 3 months but when you work that hard and cover for people when they don’t even show up people notice. I am excited for the future.

Yesterday, my Uncle who has been struggling with diabetes for several years passed away. I can only say that I am relieved, because his pain is over! He will now be able to learn more about the Gospel and use my mom as his example. She has taken such amazing care of him over the years; even bringing him into our home at one point. Mom, I love you so much and am thinking mostly of you and how you probably changed his life, and mine. You are amazing and we salute you!

1 comment:

Danielle Arnett said...

You're a sweetheart Anna. Thanks.