Sunday, July 06, 2008

Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Chris and I had a pretty good Fourth of July, starting out. The night before my friend Jordan and I decided to come up with a booth for the fourth of july parade! I would do buttons, and he would do Henna Tattoos. He's really good. Some more people from Dairy Queen came and helped and it was a blast! Even Chris showed up after we got up and running and even stayed for almost the whole time. I have a supportive husband! It was really fun, I just brought circles for little kids to color with animals on them. Even some older people made some. I sold 21 buttons and gave out 3 business cards!! These two guys who are in a band together said they were going on tour and would need buttons! Jordan did really well too. He always had a line to get a tattoo but some people walked away, he was constantly busy though. We are already planning our next booth for the next event! I'm not sure when that will be but I'll keep you guys updated. I still haven't decided on a name for my button business so any suggestions will be helpful. I thought of aOk buttons and the O could be a button of a different design. I'll post some pictures from the parade when I get them from Jenny. yAy for buttons!
After the parade Chris and I went to Bajios with Steve and some friends and everyone else that was at the parade. We had fun eating and Jordan did MORE tattoos at the restaurant!
After Bajio's Chris and I left for Bear Lake with Ben, his brother. On the way there we got the news that his uncle passed away. Chris was kind of really close to him and it was a shock to everyone. I wanted to cry but I didn't because Chris wasn't. I know it must be hard for him. We went to his cousins wedding the next day but everyone on his side wasn't up for much of a party. The ceremony was..... interesting. It was not very mormon at all!!! I couldn't believe what this preacher guy came up with! He said... "a marriage is like window blinds..." yeah I have no idea what he was talking about. And it would never end!! How many references do you have to make about sex in a wedding ceremony! We made fun of him the whole way home.
More later.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Mike and I were just wondering if Chris is still shadowing Richard and if so how is it going? We miss you tons.

Angela S said...

Hey its been over a week.. Blog already.