Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Teton Dam, It's Good To Be Back

I got back from Texas alright and so far... knock on wood I'm not sick. The trip back and forth from salt lake to houston was awful. But it was totally worth it to see James! I am so proud of him. I got to go sailing with him and the 12 hour drive back was really fun too. Although his driving kind of scared me a little. I've become quite the grandma driver since being in Rexburg. And I have a issue with people not using their blinker. It is there for a reason people!

We went to see Terminator and Star Trek together and that was pretty fun. My favorite part about both movies is Charlie Bartlet is in BOTH! When we got to Seabrook, I thought James was going to jump out of the car because he was so excited to be home. I guess I would be to if I'd been couped up most of the time on a military base. At church about ten people came up to him and gave him hugs and handshakes even before the meeting started. Afterward people gathered around him. I think I got 2 hugs and a few hand shakes. But that's ok. They even announced his arrival back to the ward. All three bishopbrick members were beaming to see him. A lot of people are proud of you James!!! I love you.

I got back to Salt Lake and Chris and Rebecca picked me up from the airport. We sang really loud all the way home. I was so happy to see him and our car. We spent the day at his parents house and on Monday went to the cemetary to plant a tree. It was really nerve wrecking to be digging in a cemetary... I had to look away a few times and walk around. There was one rock that DID NOT look like a rock it was long and rectangle shaped like a... But it was fun to laugh about it. Now there is a really pretty tree next to Chris's uncles head stone, which is HUGE!

My first day back at work in a week was hard and frustrating, even the stupid credit card machine would not work for me about 4 times! But I guess it's good to be back making $$. But I've never been more motivated to find another job. I just want something more than just basically babysitting college/high school kids.

And now, finally it is warm enough, and not raining to ride CORNI!!!! A button worthy event is coming up on June 16th for the Dam Marathon. So feel free to send me any dam jokes!

No comments: