Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Bow Tie Affair

I just made the best lunch. Everything we eat is Mexican. I can't help it but so many things go in a tortilla. Today I did something different. I used noodles. Last month I bought a ton of different types of noodles with the intentions of getting away from my Mexican side and maybe venturing towards Italian? I am taking baby steps. I seasoned hamburger meat with chili powder, salt and pepper. Then I drained the meat and added salsa let most of the water boil out and added sour cream and a little milk. Then I used bow tie pasta and combined the two concoctions. I thought this was awesome!! I didn't use a recipe, or a seasoning packet, or a prepackaged mix... just my clever brain. And it actually tasted good. But after I was done eating Chris said it was kind of like Hamburger Helper and it totally ruined it even though it was SO MUCH BETTER!

Hamburger Helper is the reason I don't like ground beef. But it was the only meat we had and Chris doesn't like food without substance like meat added. I would be happy eating Grilled Cheese every day because it's easy.

No comments: