Last night was finally the day of the Guster concert! We drove up on Friday after getting off work early and met up with Josh in Provo. But that wasn't before a flat tire thanks to the wonderful Salt Lake City Roads! We pulled into a ghetto shell station and pulled out our handy pressure reader. It didn't work. It was completely flat. Chris started to put on the spare and I tried to help. He was still impressed that I would touch dirty nasty bolts and not wash my hands. Usually I freak out but I would rather wipe my fingers on the bottom of the inside of my pants and hold out than go into that shell station. It was scary.
The tire went flat less than a mile away from picking up Josh so finally we were on the road again and at a stop light when... we were rear-ended!! YAY!! It was such a great day. There was no damage, but I got her information saved in my phone as Jennifer hit us in Provo. We didn't even realize we were actually hit at first. It was like he killed the engine by letting his foot off the clutch while it was in gear. The dirt wasn't even disturbed on the bumper. She said that and I said, "last time I thought that and my doors didn't open." But really I was referring to the time when we were in the white escort with my dad and we were rear-ended and that happened. the entire frame was pushed in. At least I recall. And so did Josh when I told him about the girl.
We finally got to Josh and had dinner.
The next day, yesterday. FINALLY the DAY. We met up with Josh's friend in Salt Lake. Ashely, Chris's cousin came with us too. We walked around temple square for awhile and then went to Pei Wei, only the BEST place on earth. Scarfed down a million fourtune cookies and they dropped me off at the concert! Josh and his friend came too. We went there at 5, even though the doors didn't open till 7 and the show didn't start till 8. IT was deffinatly worth it. I was front row and a little to the right. It was perfect!!! Josh and his friend stood behind me. Of course there is always some punk kid trying to wedge his way in. But I stood my ground. I decided at the last concert I was never going to have a head in my face again. That meant front row only. I did it. I screamed every song and even made friends with the people who were in front of me in the line out front (I was second by the way). Some people beat me too it. They deserve it if they had been there since 2. But it was defiantly in the top 10 best moments of my life forever. Luke waved to ME at the end. And they ended up playing 45 EXTRA min because we kept calling them out. First it was chanting guster guster guster guster.... and then it was "one more song, one more song, one more song..." and finally just all out hysterical screaming that brought them back for one last acoustic song. Before that one I had a view through a crack to behind the stage and saw them walk out the door. I started to leave because I figured Chris had been waiting long enough. He went to see a movie with Ashley. But they came back out and I lost my spot in the front.
Now I am about to embark back to Rexburg. I am satisfied. Till next time they come close to play another show, I'm all concerted out.
No comments:
Post a Comment