Sunday, February 27, 2011

Silent Smiles

My trip to Texas was great. It was really fun to visit with my siblings and spend one on one time with my parents. I'm so grateful they took the time to go out with me. I think I was quieter than usual but I kept thinking how weird it was that Chris wasn't there. He's so fun to bounce jokes off of. But My favorite parts of the trip were, but not limited to. Playing shang-hi with Sister T and Carol. Everyone had a nick-name by the end of the game. My mom was "the cheater" but she wasn't really cheating she just kept going when it was Christina's turn. I think I ate ice cream every single day! After a long day (at least to me) at the temple, my dad took me out to Baskin Robin's. I really enjoyed talking to my dad about business ideas and my experiences at Jimmy Johns. I think about work almost 90% of the time. I think that was one of the best nights out with dad. But we didn't get to play air-hockey :( I would have beat him...

It was so nice just to lounge around the house like I was a kid again. I still knew where the forks and spoons were. It's weird to think I've only been there 1-2 times a year for the last 5 years. When I reached for the drawer for a spoon I specifically remember thinking "I will be embarrassed if this isn't the drawer." Before I went to the airport my mom took me out to HEB for Tejano Salsa. I've been there 2 times before? I still knew where the salsa was! The first day I made my mom laugh really hard. I felt at home again right away. I don't even know what I said but that's always a favorite part about going home.

I found 3 shirts I had been missing. Every time I am home I'm supposed to go through stuff and take it home or throw it away. My goal on my next visit is to actually do it. I know my mom probably boxed up a ton of stuff that I don't think is too important to keep forever. Christina found a journal from some guy I dated and that was the most embarrassing moment of my life. I never read it, and he was a total weirdo. And finally it was mostly weird to see Josh's room CLEAN! I don't think I've seen that floor since I lived in that room. He has a boat load of clothes. Kind of funny to think about a boat load knowing that he owns a few boats... Haha so it could be true.

I am really proud of my brother for his decision to go on a mission and that it would mean a lot to him for us to be there. Chris said his setting apart was really quick and he didn't think that much of it. I really liked what Christina said about taking it all in and not waisting time. She said she wishes she could go back and relive time with Jane she waisted. Jane is super cute and I loved hearing stories of funny things she does. A song came on the radio today and I just kept laughing to myself. It's the "paved paradise song" and in the back ground the singers say "ooooo bop bop." I hope Josh stays safe and has fun. I was in salt lake this weekend and kept thinking how close he was but I couldn't see him.

I have a lot more but work is coming too early. 4 am early. Tomorrow is the big order we've been waiting a month for.

No comments: