Even though I feel accomplished, I am beat! I just finished a 65 hour week of work. But I can hear the chaching chaching in the distant future when I get a bonus (hopefully). I really like my job but sometimes I just feel exhausted. Nothing like Mikki though. Last night she got SLAMMED! It was the busiest night in... 11 months? Like since we opened. She's a rock star and tonight's her last shift. It is extremely sad to see her leave for the summer. She's going to Delaware so her husband can sell security systems.
So today right after work we went to see the Adjustment Bureau. It was alright. I need to go running tonight but I don't know if I can. I'm pathetic. I just want to lay down with my bag of mnm's and watch the rest of season 4 of Bones. But I'm sure Chris has other plans. Like dinner. I need new ideas. Please suggest anything. I tried to make pioneer woman's mac and cheese and it was ok. I didn't have sharp cheddar or whole milk and I used penne pasta. I think we would have liked it better if I didn't bake it. something about the flour and butter part didn't seem right to me but it was still good.
I'm also starting on my Christmas present garland soon. I can't stop thinking about it. Or I'll do something with buttons. I've been thinking about some ideas. I think the garland will turn into the Christmas Blocks that took my mom and I years to work on. And she ended up finishing. I liked that it felt like our project but I have always felt guilty I didn't get to help finish them. And really, I don't know if I really helped that much but the memory is there. So I will only start the garland if it wont take me years to finish. My friend made one and let me borrow it for our Christmas party. It was beautiful! All the tree had on it was the garland and lights and looked perfect. So simple but awesome. So that's what we'll have. One idea was for each of us to wrap a gift and add it to the garland each year so it grows over time. Maybe get both sides of the families to do it.
I'm thinking holidays and its supposed to be summer. Probably because it snowed again today.
No comments:
Post a Comment