I am contemplating starting a blog for the business. And making mine private. I want people to see the progress we make but i want to remain professional and don't want to accidentally say something on it that would offend anyone, IE the previous management. Chris' grandpa is kind of paranoid about that. I didn't understand at first but after a month of living here, I can understand because it's such a small town. Living in a small town has it's perks though. I know that talking to people about our plans will be told to other people and spread around. Word spreads fast.
Today I went to a meeting for the Rotary Club. I had no idea what it was. The board was having a meeting before the real meeting was supposed to take place. So I got to over hear a little bit about it. They explained later that they do a lot of international relief stuff and local things. They are currently sponsoring a girl (who was at the meeting as well) to go to Argentina and represent their local club and do service while she learns more about her field which is nursing. Clubs from other areas sponsor many different people from many different fields. Last year locally, they built a concessions stand for the high school. I saw pictures of it online after I got home. It looks awesome! It allows the school to efficiantly earn more money fundrasing. I think a portion goes to the rotary club. I was invited to speak about buying our business, why we did it and what our plans were. It was basically people telling me how gross it was and that they haven't been there in 10 years!!! Hahaha. That's all I hear. It's gotten funny. Maybe I've said it before but our new motto between Chris and I is, "yes we know we have potential." I think it will be AT LEAST 2 years to prove to the community that we will stay and make it nice, before we see real growth.
I'm dying to get outside and clean and paint to make this place more presentable, but it's too cold. Today I cleaned the bathroom floor in the kitchen down stairs. WOW it needed it. Every inch of this place needs it. The best part is that it can come clean. Even the spray paint that is around the floor of the sink cabinet (yellow) came off the floor. The people who did it did not even bother to tape it off. I really need my camera!! This bathroom, which I assume was used for employees, is Sponge Bob themed!!!
I'm going backwards. This morning before all of this we worked on painting the apartment. I was a dummy and poured the white paint. We painted 3 walls before Chris realized we had the wrong color. The walls were supposed to be a very light blue. I waisted a whole gallon of paint. I said we should just consider it primer! But Chris wasn't amused. In my defense it was poor lighting.
1 comment:
I cant wait to see it. Yes, you really really should go private. I cannot recommend it enough. BUT you need to do an update blog so we can still get notifications of posts in our feed readers.
Post a Comment