I don't read back on my blog so
maybe I'm repeating myself. But I have seen SO many miracles today. I can't
believe it. They are small but I NEEDED them!!! Our washers and dryers are on
the fritz so laundry has been behind for 2 weeks now. I only wash what I need
because they take forever to dry. Sometimes there is heat and sometimes there
is not. We're getting it fixed soon. But I really needed a king fitted sheet
and I grabbed what I thought was a king sheet and then realized it was a queen
by the pattern of stripes. I realized that just as I was putting it on the
first corner. I was really behind on the rooms and didn't want to go back down
the stairs because I knew we didn’t have any. I threw my head back in
frustration. I was hot and sweating and just was not in the mood for yet
another set back of the day. I then noticed that the corner was deep enough for
the king mattress. Then out of curiosity I did the next corner and found
success. I thought, what do I have to loose, I already have to fold it again so
I tried the third corner. Finally on the fourth it fit! It Fit! IT FIT!!! I
don't know why, maybe I was just so overwhelmed, I dropped to my knees and
thanked the Lord for such a small miracle. They happen all the time but I just
couldn’t believe that one. It looked just like a queen! They are very
different, how did this happen. We must have one king of the same brand. I
don't know, but I said a prayer thanking and thanking, I even cried a little.
It always amazes me how you really
can lean on the Lord and those little blessings happen when you need them the
most.
Then: tonight, I lost the key to
room 6. I had double checked all the rooms for toilet paper last. I thought
maybe I left the key in the door because I do that so Chris knows which room
I'm in and I can keep the door shut and flies don't get in. But this time the
dead bolt was locked. Someone must have taken the key and locked the door and
took off with it? They were not checked in in the computer and I was having a
panic attack. That was the backup key. I kept kicking myself because I knew I
needed to make copies before this happened. I wanted to cry and kick things out
of frustration but the spirit was telling me to stay calm and keep thinking. I
was looking everywhere and even pulled out a HUGE bag of old keys with the
hopes that just maybe I'd get lucky. None of them worked. I thought I would
call the people in the other rooms to see if they had seen it or that I left it
in their room by accident. By the way that was really embarrassing. Then I
called room 5 and spoke with the lady that was in room 6. She did check in!!
Last minute, the guy from room 5 paid for both rooms together and I never
marked check in on room 6!!!
Everything worked out, I can't say
that I have honestly felt the Holy Ghost as much as I have living here in
Preston. I have never wanted to go to church so much than when we have lived
here. I love the Gospel and I turn to it every chance I get. I feel like I
constantly have a prayer in my heart to keep calm in stressful situations,
which are often. We haven't been able to go to the temple since we've moved
here but the desire to go is so strong I think the Lord knows and is still
giving me that extra boost. I love Him so much! I couldn't deal with the things
I have to deal with, without Him.
I heard that one of my friends from my old ward was going
through a hard time and that family member just up and left the
life they knew and the church with it. I was dumbfounded. I was shocked. They
had been through some tough challenges and after everything they still chose to
leave the comforting spirit of the Gospel. My heart instantly went out to their
family. They seemed so happy, I had no idea. Although I haven’t talked to them
in years, I have looked up to each one of them. They have turned out to be
awesome examples as I watch their status updates on Facebook. We’re those kind
of friends now, but I’m happy to be because we don’t have much to say. I’m just
glad I’m at least their friend in some way. I hope they are doing well they support eachother in a wonderful way.
I hope I keep close to the Gospel and preserve the mentality
that the Lord has given me everything I have. I can’t be selfish and walk away
from all the blessings I have received, there are too many to count, I could
never pay them back. I am so overwhelmed with gratitude. Right now it’s all
that’s keeping me together.
I don’t want to complain but saying the same things all the
time is hard. Or when I say something have it’s like they don’t believe me. You’re
booked? Yes. So you don’t have any rooms? No we don’t. So I can’t stay there?
Still no. Or my favorite, “well last year…” or “last time…” I even told one
lady that we weren’t in last year, we are in 2012, and things have changed. Or
one lady I seriously said “times are changing!” just to make her mad. She
wanted a room on Memorial weekend for half the price. “Well Levell said we
would always get this rate.” Well Levell ain’t here no MO! The little frustrations take their toll.
Oh, well thanks for reading this far, not to many interesting things going on here except we're slammed! ...The end.
1 comment:
yahoo!!!!!!
Post a Comment