I never did meet my goal of getting a picture on our anniversary... Too busy. We stayed at the Anniversary Inn in Logan and went to the Dark Night Rises (for the 3rd time). And then out to Olive Garden. First of all I will never go to the Logan Olive Garden again. I was sick for a day and a half and I KNOW it was that food. I hate when people assume they've had food poisening, but I know it was the food. I did it to myself really, never eat seafood in a landlocked state. Ugh, it was awful and I'm glad it's over.
Second, next time, we'll drive home and sleep in our own bed. Chris did a fantastic job finding our matress and building our bed. We don't have much, but what we have is nice, and will last a long time. Our bed is heavenly, especially because of the sheets I picked out. As a gift to myself when I started at Jimmy Johns, I bought new sheets because we were using ones from before Chris' mission! We got half off the original price, then 15% off that because of another deal they were having, plus an additional 10% off because we were approved for their credit card (which I canceled 6 months later, no penalty), and tax free because we had to order them online (in the store, kind of silly) and pick them up at the store. Then just recently we tore a hole in one of the sheets and realized how expensive they were to replace. But Chris is awesome and found another great deal. whew! Anyway, I don't want to stay in a hotel again unless I have to. That bed was awful.
But I'm happy to have been with Chris for 6 years! Maybe one day we'll give my mom another grandkid or two to spoil but so far we're so happy to have just Coops in our tiny little apartment. I'm greatful that Chris and I get along well enough to work together every day.
Today we had lifeguards fail to show up AGAIN. Oh I am so ready for this summer to be over in that sense so I don't have to deal with that anymore. But I sat outside for 10 hours while Chris ran the front. I got a little sun and Chris got to be up here. My farmers tan is comming in quite nicely. He quickly finished all the paperwork for the month and ran out of things to keep him busy. I kind of wish he would have done hotel laundry... but that's ok. More to occupy myself with tomorrow, kind of greatful for that in a way.
Yesterday I gave my testimony for the first time in our ward. Mostly I just said how greatful I was for the awesome examples I've met since moving here and testified that I knew everything was true. No one still really knows us yet so the mystery is still lingering. I love that feeling. Everyone still likes us. And people think we work so hard!! We do, but so hard that they drop food off to us all the time. I don't know if we are that desitude that they think we need the hand outs, or they are genuinly THAT nice!! These people are awesome. My visiting teachers took me out to lunch and then drove me around the hidden neighborhoods of our ward and told me about everything and everyone. Apparently everyone has negative feelings towards one of my visiting teachers (she said that everyone signed a pettition to not let her build her house) and I just don't believe it. Supposedly that street is VERY elliet. She is the nicest, most sincere person I've ever met! Every story she tells me is heartfelt and loving. I wish I could convey thoughts like she can without feeling akward.
Time to close, more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment