Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Shopping Spree To Come

In the last day I realized have almost gotten over a lot of my ocd habits. I was covered in insulation from fixing a hole in the ceiling and did not have a total meltdown because my hands were dirty. I even worked for 30 minutes before washing my hands. My clothes were stained and my hair was full of dust.

We have a plague of box elder bugs in the area so I called the exterminator to spray.  It's a residual spray that stays so when more come, they land on the walls and die. I have to sweep them up a few times a day. Yes, there are that many. They are in my apartment, dead on the floor in one spot from crawling on the outside wall and through a crack in one of the windows. I did not tear everything apart trying to clean everything. I don't know if my parents remember me vacuuming at 2 a.m. because I found a weevil in my room. That happened a few times. I couldn't sleep knowing there might be colonies living in my room. And my room was directly above their bed. But we simply vacuumed up the box elder bugs because guess what, a few days later there were more. One guy in church compared this to biblical times. He was just mad that they ruined his peaches this year. BUT!! I was sweeping them up and today they are particularly bad they were swarming around me and I could tell they might be in my hair, which is down. But I'm so determined to keep my hair down today I finished sweeping and cleaned up a little more. I'm sitting at the computer and found 2 in my hair. It totally freaks me out but I'm surprisingly calm.

My mom likes to call this next example, "watering my feet." I have washed my feet almost every night since I can remember because I don't like when they are dry. Yes, there are lotions but I still don't do lotion, I just wash it off. I have only washed my feet a few times in the last 10 months we've lived here. Yes, it is because we only have a standing shower and no tub. Ironically, I do have the largest feet of the 4 girls in the family.

Maybe it's because I just don't care anymore. All my clothes are ruined and my shoes are shot because I work more in them way more than I did at at any other place. I know I'm going to have to dive right into whatever project we are doing to just get it done. If I tip toe around it and try to wash my hands when I get a spec of dirt on them, they are just going to get dirty again and I'm wasting time. I've never valued the phrase more, "I can do hard things." I have said that multiple times while I have been covered in algae, mud, dust, sweat, and tears.

But when I get a chance, a whole new wardrobe will happen! And I will not be holding back.

No comments: