Saturday, August 24, 2013

Moved In

We are all moved in to our house in Peoria, Arizona!! We live just right next to Glendale. Chris and I are about 10 minutes from school and work. We have a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house and a big backyard that is all rocks. Just about no one has grass and every time we walk the dogs near a house with grass they get so excited. We all drink about twice as much water as we used to because it's so hot. I used to only drink a third of a water bottle at a time but now I can drink the whole thing at once. I still can't drink as fast as Chris though.

The cold water out of the tap is luke warm to warm and doesn't come out cold at all. But at least we don't have to worry about running out or if there is coliform in it. I'm still super happy that I don't have to sit at a desk all day like I'm chained to it.

I started back at Jimmy Johns on Wed, the 21st and it took me the first day to get back into the swing of things. A lot of things had changed like portions and the dress code. Now you can only wear shoes that have black, grey, white and red on them. So I had to leave and change my blue shoes. I'm really bummed about this because my new sneakers that are REALLY comfortable only come in orange and blue. Other than that it was a pretty good first day. The GM said I did great and I was really fast at the bread starting position. I'm still not as fast as I used to be but their mayo portioner is not disassembled like we had it back in Rexburg. It's kind of like a cookie scoop and you have to squeeze it to get the mayo out instead of just flicking it downward. UGH! And the new way they have you putting together 30 pc platters drives me crazy! I still don't get it. I thought the other was JUST FINE.

I'm still looking for another job because they have me at hourly. Today I found out that I am not still certified like my old boss told me I was which really makes me mad. But if I have to go back for training, assuming they need me to, I'll get to see my sister again in Chicago!! But those three weeks were rough. But it was only because the people training with me were bad. I mean bad! One guy was like 300 lbs and didn't wash his ONE shirt for all three weeks. It was nasty.

Chris is getting excited for school because he gets all his new toys. One big case has all these fancy eye doctor tools. As he pulled everything out he said things like "this is the best they make" "this is the top of the line." It all looked really fancy. But he's not as excited about the Apple computer they MAKE you have and use for the next four years. Last year was the last year they let you choose between Apple or PC. When they were shown how to use the program one student told Chris to calm down because he was about to break it. He (and I) really don't like Apple computers much, at least the laptops for me. I just don't get it. I haven't really used them much though.

No comments: