Oh and we went to Texas!!!!
We drove there which was not as fantastic as I thought it would be. I mean it was, for the first 12 hours and then I was SO happy to take a break. It just got long. We got as far as San Antonio before we stopped at a hotel. I thought I could make it straight through but it was a nice break and to get in during day light and have the rest of the day to play.
I LOVE visiting my family. I wanted to surprise my mom and just show up and be on their schedule. But little did I know, my mom saw the message I sent to my uncle trying to surprise her!! And my dad wasn't too subtle, she knew something was up but I never said what day I would be there. But when he went to the door and opened it, she knew. I walked in with Cooper on his leash and let him walk into the house and he went straight to her on the couch.
My favorite part of the trip was that the dogs got to come. They really are sweet and part of my family so I'm really grateful my parents, and brothers put up with them. The only casualties from the puppy were one shoe and a door stop. We tried to find the same pair of shoes to replace them but instead slipped some money in them so my mom could find some she liked. Then she threw the shoes away without finding the money, or note from Sammy. Luckily I mentioned it to my dad who pulled them out of the garbage.
We went shooting where Chris got really excited to own a gun, which he bought a week later. I'm really not very good with a pistol. And a pistol is not enough for Chris, now he wants a rifle too!! But we like going out to the desert and shooting it together. I feel a little safer that we have one in our home.
I met Alyssa, Josh's friend finally. I thought she was a little quirky at first but then she would say the most down to earth honest things that made total sense and I'd fall in love with her over and over. I like how she thinks and that she is pretty humble. Like when Josh said she was being too negative about something at Institute. She said she followed his advice and was trying to turn her opinion around and make it positive. Instead of getting offended, she took it as constructive criticism. It really is a rare quality and a great example to me. I finally accepted her friend request on facebook. You know those people who consider themselves or other people like an extention of your family? I think that's sometimes lame. I think those connections are few and far between. Like Sister Trahan, my mom's friend is probably one of the few people that come to mind that I could honestly say she's like an aunt, because her and my mom have been close for so many years and we spent SO many hours playing cards, and she taped tv shows for me. And we made Christmas cookies, and chocolate pie, and hamburger cakes!!!! I can't wait to tell her I'm having a baby, when I'm actually having a baby, which I'm not yet. But mostly because I'm scared to not tell her after my mom, because she'd kill me.
Anyway. Alyssa and Megan are two more people I can add to my list of 'sisters' from another mister. Because they are seriously awesome to talk to and be around and so REAL.
No comments:
Post a Comment