Well it's been a month so I guess it's time for an update on my life. Dogs are good, work sucks, and I joined a gym.
Cooper has been having a few problems so we finally took him to the vet and got him on some medication that has made him feel a lot better. I know he's feeling better because he's SUPER excited to see us all the time again and he actually plays with Sammy. He will tug on the rope and act like he's going to fetch when you throw stuff. But he never does, I think he gets too excited and just wants to run right back to you. He's such a cute little puppy. He's getting so old though. He's now 7! That's 49 in dog years. I gave him a Mohawk and he was so cute. But Chris hated it, he let him keep it for a week and we agreed it was time to trim it. He still has a little of the length in the middle and as it's growing it looks even cuter!
Oh work.... Chris said something really sweet. I texted him and told him I had to close Christmas Eve and he replied back, "this is one of the last year's you'll have to work again." Oh it makes me want to cry!! He studies so hard sometimes I feel guilty that I didn't fulfill my potential in school. I have my degree but I don't use it in an actual job for advertising. But I feel like I've mastered managing people, in the food industry. I've tried being super cool and ended up getting walked all over, and I've been super strict and everyone hated my guts. Now, I'm stern and make them follow the rules without being overbearing and pushy. I've found a happy medium which is proven every day when someone says the love working with me. Or one of the greatest compliments I got from a girl who said that I had the rare quality to accept responsibility for my mistakes and turn them into a strength. My secret goal at work is to be a favorite to work with because I manage things well and work hard to lead by example.
So to blow off steam like finding out I have to work Christmas Eve, I work out after work. I LOVE it so far. Although I'm nervous to step on the scale again. Since I left Riverdale, I'm down 15 lbs. Now that I'm paying for a gym membership I WILL get down to my old pant size. Please don't console me with, you're healthy comments or try to make me feel better, but I don't want to be the fat sister. I have gotten lazy. SUPER lazy. I watched too much hulu and played too much candy crush and sat on my fat butt and didn't try and that's why I am in the pants I'm in. I don't want to go pant shopping again until I know I'm at least one size smaller. But it's the holidays and that means lots of sweets and McDonald's Holiday pies. So that just means more working out. Luckily I have Megan's motivation every day to help me along and my hot skinny sisters and mother to see the light at the end. I have to admit, my family is all skinny and it's time I get on board. And after work is perfect because I'm so ticked off at my boss I need to rage punch on the elliptical. hahaha.... but really I hate my job, if you know ANYONE that is hiring, I'm a really fast at learning new tasks. And I apply for jobs every day. I just have to make as much, or more than I'm making now. Chris has 3 years 6 months and 3 weeks left of school!!
No comments:
Post a Comment